Thursday, April 11, 2013

Spoonful of Winnings!


Synopsis:

Brenda Ashford is the quintessential British nanny. Prim and proper, gentle and kind, she seems to have stepped straight out of Mary Poppins. For more than six decades Nanny Brenda swaddled, diapered, dressed, played with, sang to, cooked for, and looked after more than one hundred children. From the pampered sons and daughters of lords ensconced in their grand estates to the children of tough war evacuees in London’s East End, Brenda has taught countless little ones to be happy, healthy, and thoroughly well bred. In this delightful memoir, Brenda shares her endearing, amusing, and sometimes downright bizarre experiences turning generations of children into successful adults.  

For my full review, please see A Spoonful of Sugar.


Thanks to the team at Doubleday, Ms. Ashford and Providence Book Promotions I had one copy of Brenda Ashford's marvelous memoir to give away to a US or Canadian participant.  Seven hopeful readers entered the Give Away and I have now cranked up my handy-dandy CNRG Machine (Custom Random Number Generator) and asked it to provide me with a winner.  After feeding in all the entries and allowing it time to think, sputter, pop out a number, it has given me......Entry #1.  Which means that Jean P of Howling Frog Books is the lucky recipient of her very own copy of Brenda Ashford's excellent memoir.  Let's have a round of applause and much fanfare for our winner!  Jean, I will be contacting you shortly to confirm your prize.  Thanks to everyone for stopping by and entering the Give Away.


 

3 comments:

Jean said...

Yay, thank you! :) I can't wait to read it.

Jean said...

And I must say, when I saw that I was #1 I thought there was no way I would ever win. #1 never wins!

Bev Hankins said...

I did think about that when I plugged in the CRNG machine....glad to prove that wrong.