Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading

Books Read (click on titles for review):
Middlemarch by George Eliot (Woo Hoo! finally)
A Chapbook for Burnt-Out Priests, Rabbis, and Ministers by Ray Bradbury


Currently Reading:
Have His Carcase by Dorothy L Sayers: The mystery writer Harriet Vane, recovering from an unhappy love affair and its aftermath, seeks solace on a barren beach -- deserted but for the body of a bearded young man with his throat cut. From the moment she photographs the corpse, which soon disappears with the tide, she is puzzled by a mystery that might have been suicide, murder or a political plot. With the appearance of her dear friend Lord Peter Wimsey, she finds a reason for detective pursuit -- as only the two of them can pursue it.


Books that spark my interest:
Haunted Gound by Erin Hart (for RIP Challenge)
The High Crusade by Poul Anderson (for several challenges)
Hide and Seek by Wilkie Collins (for several challenges)
Lucky Jim by Kinglsey Amis (for several challenges)
Savage Beauty: The Life of Edna St. Vincent Millay by Nancy Milford (for several challenges)
Let's All Kill Constance by Ray Bradbury (for fun)
Blood Atonement by Dan Waddell (for fun)


10 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Wow, you have some great-looking titles. Hope you enjoy them!

I'm going over to check out your review of Middlemarch, which intrigues me.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

CMash said...

hmmm..did I miss something while I was gone? Are you ok? Only 2 books?

dollycas aka Lori said...

I was thinking the same thing as Cheryl but you sure have a great line up ahead.

Have a great week!!

Dollycas
http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

Bev Hankins said...

Cheryl (and Lori): you must understand...Middlemarch is 800 freaking words long!!!!

Cat said...

Great selection for the week. I liked Haunted Ground.

Happy reading!

Irene Palfy said...

wow.. as always: very impressive.. and quite interesting list.. have a great week - and thank you for commenting!

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

Jenners said...

Just curious if reading for challenges is "fun" too. I was finding that it often wasn't fun and that is why I'm pretty much giving them up.

Yvonne said...

Nice list of books! Enjoy!

Bev Hankins said...

@Jenners: Well--yes, reading for challenges is fun (that's why I'm addicted to them). But I was trying to make a distinction for books that I'm reading just because the fancy struck me...