Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a bookish meme hosted by Book Journey. It's where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It's a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. So hop on over via the link above and join in...and leave a comment here so I can check out what you are reading


Books Read Last Week (click on titles for review):
Bone Harvest by Mary Logue
Robert Kennedy: In His Own Words by Edwin O. Guthman & Jeffrey Shulman, eds.
Heartless by Gail Carriger
The Prop by Pete Hautman
No Body by Nancy Pickard

Currently Reading:
Seven Gothic Tales by Isak Dinesen: Originally published in 1934, Seven Gothic Tales, the first book by "one of the finest and most singular artists of our time" (The Atlantic), is a modern classic. Here are seven exquisite tales combining the keen psychological insight characteristic of the modern short story with the haunting mystery of the nineteenth-century Gothic tale, in the tradition of writers such as Goethe, Hoffmann, and Poe.

Random Walk
by Lawrence Block: A fantastic journey starts one step at a time. Guthrie's got a voice in his head, and it's telling him to go for a walk. So he does--across America. Along the way he meets up with other souls searching for something more from life. And at his side is Sara, a woman whose natural sight has been lost but replaced with mystical visions. Before long remarkable things are happening to all of the walkers. Meanwhile, Mark, a successful businessman who happens to be a serial killer, is also roaming the American landscape. Will Mark cross paths with Guthrie and his soulful band, and if he does, will good triumph over evil?


Books that spark my interest:
The Affair of the 39 Cufflinks by James Anderson
Shatterday by Harlan Ellison
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The High Crusade by Poul Anderson


12 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Seems to me like you had an awesome reading week last week too if I remember right? I need a few weeks of 5 books reviews... :)

The Book Thief is an awesome read! Have a super week!

Helen's Book Blog said...

I have such guilt that I never made it through the Book Thief. I really should give it another try since everyone else seemed to have such high praise for it

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I'd like to read the Robert Kennedy book...I'm kind of a Kennedy freak!

Thanks for sharing....

Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

Anonymous said...

Oooh, thanks for mentioning Bone Harvest! That is right up my alley, as I read suspense thrillers mostly! Have a good week, Rae

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

The Book Thief is my very favorite book. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it.

I've fallen a little behind on the Parasol Protectorate. I still need to read Blameless. Enjoy your week!

Marce said...

The classic Gothic book sounds good. I keep saying i'm going to read The Book Thief, sheeeeesh I need to just read it.

Shirley @ My Bookshelf said...

I just read your review of "No Body". Though rated only a 3, it does appeal to me as one of those light reads that sometimes are just what we need. The Book Thief has caught my eye too.

dollycas aka Lori said...

My husband would love the Robert Kennedy book, I will be looking into that asap.

HAPPY READING!!

Vicki said...

I just added "The Prop" to my WL thanks to your review!!

Nise' said...

The Book Thief is so good, you will not be sorry.

Yvonne said...

I thought The Book Thief was a great book. Enjoy your reading!

Rachel said...

A big week!

My monday post: http://booksinthesun.blogspot.com/2011/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-25-july.html